5/01/2007

Shawl of mine


I found this on a gate on my way back up to York on Sunday, isn't it just adorable? I love that there is a bird perched on the end of the T.


Yet another started project. This is Feather and Fan Shawl from A Gathering of Lace, started when I got back from Frolic on Saturday. The yarn is Fiddlesticks laceweight, 50% merino wool, 50% tussah silk. It feels amazing to knit with, and I can already tell that the drape will be amazing. I'm knitting it on 4mm instead of the 3.75mm that the pattern calls for. I'm not really concerned about it, I have loads more yarn than called for, and it's a shawl, the worst thing that will happen is that it will be really really big. I don't mind so much, and the gauge seems fine. Since this picture was taken I've switched to a circular, and have almost finished the first chart. I love watching the petals form under my hands, this is why I love knitting. The ability to create something, to see it evolve. To understand how certain stitches will move and change the design of a piece. I can' wait to see it grow.

No comments: