5/04/2006

Ramble-ey

Today I saw something that put a smile on my face. I was on the Go Train on my way home from visiting Trevor in Burlington. At one point the train must pass quite close to a grade school. There was a woman standing outside with about 20 kids in probably grade 2 or 3. They were all waving very energetically at the train. So I waved back. Almost instantly the woman started jumping up and down, I think she was laughing, and pointing in my direction to the kids. I couldn't help but smile. I guess I was the only person who waved to them.


I've caught start-itis. I can't seem to decide on what to knit. I finished the socks I knit in California, and put them on my mannequin legs to take pictures. I would have taken them, but my brother lost the connector cord for his digital, so no pictures for you. I also knit him a cozy for his i-pod, which is much better than his old one. It's black and white fair isle, with the skullie from the We Call Them Pirates hat and mittens I tried knitting a few months ago. I've also knit two other i-pod cozies, started a third and another pair of socks out of the same yarn. I think that I'll have to give the yarn a rest, I think I need something new.

I picked up the monkey bag from Stitch 'n Bitch again too. I've finished the front and back, and am half way done the gusset. I think on the weekend I'll look for some fabric for the lining, if I can squeeze it in.

If anyone is looking for a movie to watch I highly recommend Stay. It's got Ryan Gossling, Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts. Oh man, it's one of those movies that grabs your brain, mixes it up and gives it back to you for you to figure out. It was all I could think about for about an hour afterwards. The cinematography is also amazing. It was an all over solid film. Go watch it now!

No comments: