5/22/2006

Pomatomus and movies

Well I didn't knit much this weekend since Trevor was over. I did finish the cuff of the second Jaywalker while waiting for him at the train station, but then realised that I was knitting it on 2.5 mm instead of 2.25, so I'll have to start again. I didn't feel like ripping it out right then, so I just kept knitting on it. I needed something to do!

I bid on some e-bay yarn on thursday and won. 10 balls of gorgeous blue and red verigated fingering weight wool. I don't know exactly what I'll do with 10 balls of sockweight, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I think I'll knit some socks for my grandma, since they're being sent to her house in the States, and maybe some for my mom, who has been admiring my Jaywalker. And maybe some Pomatomus for me.

Everyone is knitting Pomatomus right now. I think it's like the next Jaywalker craze. A new sock craze. Socks are perfect for knitting crazes because it doesn't take that long to knit them, so you can actually finish it within the craze time. A sweater craze would just take too long. Plus socks look good on everyone, sweaters : not so much.

This weekend was so dreary that we did nothing but watch movies. The Terminal, Lost in Translation, Forrest Gump and You've Got Mail. I cried for Forrest Gump, I had never seen it before. Actually of the four movies, I had only seen The Terminal before, Trevor had only seen Forrest Gump and You've Got Mail. We got to take three movies off our must see movie list. (Yes there is a physical list, we made it in October with plans to watch all 130 movie that year. That objective was quickly changed to before we graduate. I think we've watched about 30 so far.)

No comments: