8/16/2009

New Clouds, Hot Clouds, Done!

In the winter term at school I took a painting class as and elective.The final assignment was to paint multiple people interacting. I ended up doing an amalgamation of two photographs I had taken at my friend's Spiral Beach concert. You may remember that I blogged about the start of this project here. While I did hand in the painting when classes ended back in May (and got an A!) I didn't think it was quite finished. I found that with moving out of my apartment I suddenly have absolutely no where to store or display the paintings I did in class, so I decided to give it to Dorian, who is the bassist on the left.

I found that with moving out of my apartment I suddenly have absolutely no where to store or display the paintings I did in class, so I decided to give it to Dorian, who is the bassist on the left. I bumped into Dorian the other day and we made plans for him to come by and pick it up. This meant I had to stop stalling and finally finish it up! There where some little nitpicky things that I wasn't happy with. The background wasn't black enough, and some of the points between the figures and the background weren't very clean. Over all I am quite pleased with how it looks, and am a little sad to see it go... Luckily Dorian loves it, so I'm can rest easy knowing it's gone to a good home.

I learned a lot about myself as an artist from that class, most importantly that I can be one. That class and especially that painting, taught me that I just have to do it, that if I just set my mind to it I can create something that isn't half bad.

No comments: