So despite having made that ridiculous stitch repeat mistake one more time (for a total of three) a few days ago, the tank is almost done. The front went much more quickly than the back due to an executive decision made by my mother and I when we decided that the boat neck really wasn't flattering on the girls, so I was much better off doing a scoop. I measured it against a favourite t-shirt and found that I only needed to do four inches after having split the front and back.
I am also making the skirt part a little longer, but other than that, the knitting is almost done. Then on to crochet the neck and armholes, plus the little hole in the back created by the bow.