10/12/2006

In the fights of life, essays will make you explode

More butt kicking going on over here chez Tricotastique, but there are sadly no pointy sticks involved. It's all essay-town over here. The second one is due this afternoon, and the prospect of not finishing in time is starting to loom ominously over my head. Very scary. But after that I will get to knit knit knit my heart out all evening. Clearly I will win.

I have gotten some knitting done, I turned the heel of a sock in a lecture yesterday. I'm using the stuff I dyed pink and blue stripey before I went to England. I'm using the undyed yarn for the toes, heels and cuffs because otherwise I don't think that I would have enough yarn. I should be okay right now though, just based on an eyeball guesstimate. They are only going to be little footies, very plain. Perfect for bringing to lectures!

The other day I went to the York bookstore to just stare at the knitting books, as I am in the habit of doing every once in a while. I picked up Wendy Knits, and started to flip through it. I didn't look very closely at the projects, so I have no idea what the book is like, but something else caught my eye. I'm not sure if it's every copy, but in the particular copy I was holding, there was a section of about 20 pages that had been bound in upside down! I giggled to myself for the publishers sillyness, and then put it back on the shelf. Very amusing.

No comments: