8/13/2006

Slow slow knitting

Well today saw me being a bit slugish. I think it might have been from the sushi outing with Mira and Griffin last night, but hopefully not. I'm not nauseus, but there is some odd stomach crampyness. Despite feeling slow, I did knit about five inches on my Punk-Ass Skully Sweater. I brought it to the Stitch 'n Bitch on Wednesday, and with this coolish weather I really want to have it done soon. Like by Frosh Week. Which is in two weeks. I only have to do five inches on the body, and then the arms, and the hood, and the button band, and the pockets. Totally do-able. I mean people did more in 16 days for the Olympics.


I also have been trying to finish up some projects. I have an inch and a half left on my Secret Pal socks, and then they're all done. Today's sluggishness just means that they've been going nowhere. I started the second Chocolate Mitten, which has been going very quickly. I also did a few rows on the first strap of the Monkey back-pack from the Stitch 'n Bitch book. I think that will be relegated to subway knitting once my sock is done. I can't really transport my sweater because it's knit all in one piece, and it's pretty big. Plus it's a little difficult to just pull out for a few rows when the kids are quiet for a few minutes.

Tomorrow should have a fair amount of knitting time, since I bought needles and am going to bring some pink acrylic from my stash to teach the girl how to knit. I need something to keep her occupied for my last 7-8 days of work. I'm hoping for seven, but it all depends on when they go up to the cottage this weekend. It will probably be at least seven and a half. Other thing to make the week more enjoyable is the presence of the boycousin, who is my age, and with whom my employers were going to set me up with last summer. It makes the day go by so much more quickly when you've got another adult to talk to, instead of vaguely complaining to the baby, who can't talk back. The girl is also a lot less annoying since boycousin is her way cool older cousin, and while he and I are the same age, he doesn't tell her what not to do all the time. So in general, she's a lot less complainey.

In knitted news, I really really want to knit the Fair Isle U-Neck Pullover, from this issue of Vogue Knitting. I think my best bet for yarn is KnitPicks Telemark, but I'm going to get a colour card to see which colours will work best for substitutions. I'm also going to get a card for Wool of the Andes to knit the Hooded Jacket from Vogue Knitting Holiday 2005, which is gorgeous. I can't wait!

No comments: