2/11/2008

Berry High, Berry Smooshy!

I love Dream in Colour Smooshy with a burning passion. If loving this yarn is wrong, then I don't want to be right! The colour, the smooshy-ness, it's all love around here. I loved making the socks for my dad for Christmas, so I was super excited to make myself some socks. And when you love a yarn this much, it's not enough to just have regular socks. Oh no, these babies are going knee-high. I've got two full skeins, one in Ruby River and one in Deep Seaflower, so I'm pretty sure I'll have enough. However, I'm going toe-up, just in case. I love the super saturated colours, they remind me of raspberries and blueberries. Thus, they are the Berry High socks!


Oh and those two balls of 450 yards of lusciousness? They were hand balled, because out here in Wales, there are no ball winders and swifts to do it for me. I have to say that it was quite a work out, and took a really freaking long time, about 45 minutes each. I spread them over two evenings, so that it wouldn't seem like it was taking forever. That and I had to sit way tipped back in my chair to keep the skein over my knees so that it wouldn't tangle. The only thing more annoying than hand balling 450 yards is untangling 450 yards. Trust me, I've done it before.


Aside from the stripes, these are all straight stockinette, so they are zipping along quite quickly! I've knit about 5 inches past this point today alone, and have started the increases for the calves. I am super excited to wear these!

No comments: