2/06/2008

The Accommadation

One thing I'm sure everyone is wondering about is where I live. The building itself is pretty uninspiring concrete '60's architecture. You can see the portacabins in this picture as well, they're the little gray boxes beside the building. There is another residence that looks exactly the same as this as well, which is Preseli building.


When you walk in the door, this is what you see. The duvet came with the room, and I might replace it with something a little nicer and more comfortable. Right now it's doing what it should, which is keeping me warm, so it's allowed to stay. I am glad that I brought my own sheets, it makes the difference to have a softer layer.


At the end of the bed, on the same wall as the door, I have a little sink and a mirror. The sink is nice because I can get a drink of water whenever I like, and I can brush my teeth without waiting for the washroom to be free. There is also a big chair, but I don't really use it much. It's nice for when people come and visit though. It also makes a handy place to throw my coat if I don't particularly feel like hanging it up, which is most of the time.


Opposite my bed there is my desk, dresser, closet and fridge. I really don't have enough stuff with me to fill up these shelves. the two on the right are mostly food, plus some papers.


This picture isn't very good, but you can see that the window is very big, which makes a big difference in making the room a little more cheerful, rather than completely depressing.


Next up, pictures of campus!

No comments: