1/18/2007

Rocking Socks

I'm getting kind of scared at how fast these things are going along. To be honest, they are the only thing that I have knit in the past few days. But still. I may have them done for my day of Rock, February 3rd. However, whether or not I want to actually wear these out and about in February is yet to be decided. I think I'm going to have to find a more comfortable garter to wear with them the one I have is a touch to small. It does the trick, but it will suck majorly if I want to rock out in any way. Kensington market, here I come!

I was looking through my Gathering of Lace, as I had planned to do one of the shawls from it with yarn I bought during the Big Boxing Day Sale at Romni's. The problem is that I couldn't find a colour of yarn that I liked in laceweight, so I bought 1,120m of sockweight. Problem is that the pattern calls for 3,280m. Wrong yardage and wrong weight means that I think I'll just make socks with the stuff I bought. I could make some really rocking thigh-highs with those, maybe with some sort of pattern? Moral of the story, I need some laceweight. Maybe I can find some at Lettuce Knit. I'm going to go yarn shopping with my mom tomorrow, and I think that she would really like Lettuce Knit. I could even get my new garter at the same time!

No comments: