12/11/2006

Christmas Knitting

I started Eunny's Endpaper Mitts last night, while watching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. It took me a good 45 minutes to just wind the hank of Lorna's Laces I'm using into a ball. I think I may have to rethink that though. I'm using it and some black Fortissima Socka, but the contrast might be a bit too much. Plus the gauge is completely off from the pattern. I didn't like how it looked at guage, and knitting sock yarn on 4mm just felt wrong. So I'm moving down to 3mm. But I have to add stitches for that to work. It's getting to be complicated. Right now I'm just trying to finish the ribbing, on size 2.25mm I've probably knit the ribbing 5 times by now, but this should be the last. I also finally got yarn for my grandmother's socks, the second legwarmer, and my cousin's legwarmers. I really cleaned up!

No comments: