9/04/2009

The Ex

This afternoon I got a phone call from Alexis asking if I wanted to go to the Ex this afternoon. The Canadian Nation Exhibition is the biggest fair in Canada, and the fourth in North America, so says the all knowing wikipedia. It was started in 1878 as an agricultural fair, and is now mostly full of rollercoasters and irritated teenagers who hate their jobs. I'm not a fan of things that go fast, high or upside down, but when she mentioned that it was $5 after 5 and we would really be going for carnival food, I couldn't think of a reason to say no! I had poutine for dinner, and a funnel cake for desert. There was some cotton candy and a snow cone consumed. We rode on the ferris wheel, which is about the limit of my ride capabilities and I knit while Alexis rode the swings. Once we had walked around the midway for a bit we went and saw all the baby animals. So cute!








Everyone agreed that the baby goats were worth the price of admission! It was a lovely way to spend enjoy an evening on the tail end of summer, when every moment seems precious.

No comments: