6/19/2006

The Black Vortex of Purls

I'm about 5 rows before splitting off the sleeves and working on the body of my sweater. Let me tell you (as I'm sure you already know), it's the purl rows that get to you. In the knit rows at least you have to look for the m1's, but in the purl rows it's just endless. I'm doing the image on the back fair isle, which means.... purling fair isle. Which just really doesn't help me not liking the purl rows to start with. At this point I think I have about 350 sts on the needle, and I still have another 32 to add in. It makes progress very hard to see.

My SP asked in the comments about what fabric I like/use. On Wednesday I'm going to go all photo-styles on y'all and take pictures of fabric and some FO's. My Branching Out scarf is all done, and maybe my Jaywalkers will be done, since I can't work on my sweater on the subway very well.

Does anyone know if Kool-Aid dying stains the pot you use? I want to try it, but I don't want to take my chances with my mom's fancy pasta pot. I also don't have a microwave, so I have to do stovetop. Any help would be great!

No comments: