11/29/2007

New Scarf!


magenta scarf, originally uploaded by leeleetea.

I started this scarf way-o back in January (as in last winter) But got sidetracked an made a matching hat and mittens without actually finishing the scarf. However, it's been getting chilly here in Toronto, and my little Swallowtail just isn't battling the elements quite the way I would like it too. So I finally buckled down and finished the thing. Due to the enormous gauge, and the fact that it's just a basic 2x2 rib, I finished it in one day. Which means that this scarf could have taken me two days to knit, if I hadn't been so ADD about my knitting. Instead, it took 10 months!

The sort of unfortunate part about this scarf is that the 15% mohair is a little bit scratchier than I would like. The whole kit and kaboodle may end up being donated to someone who will really use it, but we'll see. I do still need a scarf.

This is the beginning of me trying to finish up my projects. I have a fair amount of gift knitting, not to mention that I really want as little on the needles once I leave the country. Lets not talk about how I'm still stash enhancing though.... ignore the STR in the drawer. It is not the STR that you are looking for.

No comments: