3/19/2009

Swim-a-thon, along!

As many of you know, I am a lifeguard and swimming teacher.


At this fine establishment, St. Alban's Boys and Girls Club, 843 Palmerston Ave.

Tonight the lifeguards and a bunch of regular lap swimmers are doing a 24hour swim-a-thon to raise money for the swim team and the youth programs at the club. Because of class I won't be a regular swimmer, but I'm going to be there for emotional support and as a back up overnight. I will definitely be swimming from 9pm-9:30 tonight, 7am-7:30 and 9:30-10am tomorrow.


I will also be knitting (of course!). Come on by to support us, or just to say hello. Donations are tax deductible, but we will also accept food! Carbs will be much appreciated. We also need people to count laps for us. The aim is for the teams to swim 600 laps in celebration of the club's 60th anniversary. While it sounds like a lot, it's not so bad... I can swim 54 laps in half an hour, which is a kilometre. We have a very small pool!

Hope to see you there!

No comments: